Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanks Be to God for Growth, Even the Painful Kind

When God brings someone to Bible college, man can't know all his reasons for it. But some lessons reveal deeper motives on his part: Will God become an object of study or will study draw you closer to him? Will you stand by him even when the discipline and refining process exhumes baggage that has been dormant inside you for decades?

I sit here feeling such a profound sense of pleasure in knowing him, and too much has happened for me to articulate why. But all I know is a part of the old me died last night, and all it took were some pretty simple (and silly!) acts of fellowship. Earlier this week I asked God for some encouragement, and he delivered by the truckload.

If I am being vague, it's not because I don't want to share the details. It's because if I am going to share them with you, whoever may read this, it needs to be across a table and over a coffee. The static inhumanity of technology is proving increasingly insufficient when it comes to spreading the good news. It's been a crutch, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment