Monday, June 22, 2009

College Acceptance and Retreat Weekend

I've been quite busy of late, but I am determined to keep this blog current.

Today I would like to recap some praise notes from this past weekend.

19 June 2009
Our Bible study group had booked Camp Peniel for the weekend, so I went to church for 4:00 to pick up Pastor AJ. After fetching some drive-thru at McDonald's we proceeded up Starrs Road in Yarmouth toward Highway 101. Before we could turn onto the highway, my phone rang. It was an admissions advisor from Briercrest College calling to inform me that my application had been accepted. I don't have words to describe the weight that was lifted, but it was comparable to the lightheadedness I felt on 14 June when I had finished preaching my first sermon. But the point is that God had reassured me throughout the application process that He had reserved a place for me, and that I was to trust in Him to bring it to fulfillment. He truly is faithful beyond our understanding!

AJ and I chatted about many things on the way to the camp. When we got there we received a short tour from the resident director then unpacked our things from the car as we awaited the rest of the group. After a couple more people showed up we decided to kill some time by taking a brief, black-fly-dominated canoe ride in the lake. At this point I should also praise the Lord for how diligently His people have worked to maintain that camp! I didn't attend any Christian camps as a youth, but I've heard that few are as gorgeous as Peniel.

That evening we played several team building games, and I can honestly say that I've been truly blessed to have had these people as my peers over the last year and a half. As I tried to fall asleep, I reflected on just how much my life had changed since I was saved in October 2007.


20 June 2009
After a pretty late night of fellowship, we met for breakfast then enjoyed a time of devotion. We studied and prayed on the significance of the gospel in our lives. Following that, we had more people show up who were unable to attend Friday evening/night. We shared many jokes and stories, and although I am usually very detail-oriented, I just couldn't write out all the wonderful moments I experienced at the retreat.

As it happened, two of my aunts had made the trip to Tusket, so when I arrived home from camp I was expecting to see them. They were visiting another relative in the hospital, so I got cleaned up and then we enjoyed a nice creamed lobster meal as a family.


21 June 2009
We had a special treat at church, as Geoff Moore was visiting to lead worship and spread the word about Compassion Canada. He really seemed like he has a servant's heart, and it truly is a beautiful cause.

I truly thank God for all these wonderful blessings, and may He enrich your lives as well! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment